Registry wedding INFORMATION
SHORT, But Sweet...
about registry weddings
A Registry Wedding can only be performed Monday – Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm. It cannot be performed on a weekend or after hours. There can be a maximum of 20 people in attendance, including the celebrant and any other providers (i.e., photographers, videographers). The wedding can be held in any agreed location (they are no longer held in a registry office). Some local location suggestions can be found below.
A Registry wedding is intended as a simple, no-frills ceremony. There is no rehearsal, no ‘entrance’, no bridal party, and no personalization (including no personal vows). Should you wish more personal option (but still at a lower cost) for a wedding, please ask for further options.
Each party to the marriage will need to bring one form of identification to the ceremony (i.e., Drivers’ License or Passport) and supply two witnesses to sign the official paperwork alongside the two parties to the marriage. All parties should understand English or te reo otherwise a translator will need to be provided.
A marriage certificate is not automatically provided, you will need to order this separately. The paperwork you receive on the day of your registry ceremony is not the legal document you require as evidence of marriage (for Banks, Passports etc.). A marriage certificate can be ordered when you apply for your marriage license or following the ceremony. There is an additional cost of around $30-$40 for this document.
If you are changing your name, you can do so immediately after your ceremony. The legal name change process is the marriage. Your marriage certificate will be the document you need to change your name with Banks and Government offices. More information is available HERE. Further information about Registry Weddings can be found in the document: How to recognise a registry wedding, produced by Celebrants Aotearoa New Zealand (The official Association for Celebrants in New Zealand).
You can pay my fee ($90) direct to my business account:Said with Love - Jen SouthanASB12-3449-0289573-00
I can also accept cash on the day. Please let me know if you require a receipt.
Booking notes, terms & conditions
REGISTRY CEREMONY Location suggestions
- At your home: Must be within 10-15 minutes of my location (Onehunga).
- Monte Cecilia Park: Hillsborough Road. Lovely local park with large trees and green areas. Free of charge for outdoor areas. (No wet-weather alternative). Parking onsite.
- Pah Homestead Boardroom: A very special location inside the beautiful historic homestead within Monte Cecilia Park. There is an additional cost of $100+GST payable to the Wallace Arts Trust directly. There is a maximum time limit in this space of 60 mins. Parking onsite.
- Onehunga Community House: A beautiful, but rustic, historical primary school in Onehunga (Selwyn Street). Room hire is available from $13 - $22. Indoor venue with opportunities for photography inside the venue or in the garden surrounding. Parking onsite.
- Kiwi Esplanade, Mangere Bridge: There are a number of lovely locations along this walkway on the side of the Manukau Harbour. Free of charge, but no wet weather alternative. Parking available.
- Taumanu Reserve/Onehunga Bay: On or beside the beach, or overlooking the harbour. Parking available.
- Jellicoe Park: Lovely areas beside the Brick House or Settlers Cottages.
- You do not need to wear a face mask at a gathering when your gathering is the only one using the defined space and other people cannot mix with your guests.
- You do not need to wear a face mask when gathering in a private home.
- You must wear a face mask at a gathering if the defined space is shared with other groups or members of the public.